Monday 16 November 2009

Year garden tick

Today's highlight was a coal tit on the sunflower heart feeder in my garden, although when I say on it I don't mean sitting there having a lazy munch, more like dashing in, grabbing a seed and dashing back into the bushes all in about two seconds flat! I tried to take a couple of pictures through the patio doors but the light was bad, the bird was quick and it was a long distance (plus David Bailey I ain't). But i'll post one anyway just for the record, if you click on the picture you might even be able to see it!

It's probably a couple of years since I last saw a coal tit in my garden I think there are a few around the lake at the bottom of the garden and they sometimes get tempted in at this time of the year, it would be really good to find one at New Hythe lakes, it hasn't happened yet but I live in hope!

A visit to Oare marshes tomorrow, I hope the wind drops!





No comments: